Google Analytics tracking

3/23/15

Making Headlines

Going to a workshop is a great experience, but nothing compares to the adrenaline rush that comes with presenting a workshop. This year, I was able to present my workshop called Making Headlines: How To Put Your Chapter on the Front Page. Loving both chapter public relations and public speaking, the workshop seemed like great practice for any future public speaking ventures I had, and FCCLA is always the perfect audience.

Presenting can be a scary experience at first, but once I got to know the audience through my ice breaker, my fears were lessened. Participating in STAR Events and running for regional office gave me the public speaking skills that allowed me to give this presentation. If not for the skills I have earned through FCCLA, I might have never been able to present a speech in front of a crowd. Being a part of the Ultimate Leadership Experience has given me the leadership skills that I will be able to take through college and the rest of my life. Contributed by Payton Stringer, Media Team 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment