What does it take to do your job? That's a question in the minds of teens that will be signing up for FCCLA Career Explorations sessions during the 2010 National Leadership Conference in Chicago. I must say I am very impressed by the high quality career exploration sessions offered this year! They are designed to increase career awareness and encourage students to investigate different career paths.
For full information on the Career Exploration opportunities (including a description of each session) please visit the National FCCLA website. Members can sign up there for sessions - first come, first served, so don't procrastinate! Please be sure these sessions do not conflict with other responsibilities throughout the National Leadership Conference.
Here are the sessions being offered this year -
- "Merchandise Mart Dream Homes Tour" - Chicago Merchandise Mart - Interior Design Careers
- "Careers in Design" - Harrington College of Design - Interior Design, Communication Design, and Commercial Photography Careers
- "Exploring the Culture of Hospitality" - Kendall College Hospitality Management - Hotel, Restaurant, Casino, Facility Management; Meeting and Event Planning; Cruise and Amusement Park Management Careers
- "Planning and Practicing for Your Career Success" - Kendall College School of Business - Advertising, Banking, Hospitality, Insurance and Other Business Careers
- "What It Takes To Be Excellent!" - Kendall College School of Culinary Arts - Food Industry, Research and Development; Nutrition; Food Science Careers
- "The In's and Out's of Teaching" - Kendall College of Early Childhood Education - Education, Teaching and Training Careers
- "Account Services Director" - McCormick Place - Convention, Sales Careers
- "Hyatt Hotels Opportunities and Careers" - Hyatt Regency Chicago - Hotel and Hospitality Careers
- "Tour of the CME Group" - CME/Chicago Board of Trade/NYMEX - Trading and Financial Careers
- "Hyatt Hotels and Resorts" - Hyatt Regency Chicago - Internships, Corporate Management Trainee, and Direct Placement Career Opportunities
This great assortment of career exploration sessions makes me wish I was a student and could attend. We will have to have Missouri members report on their sessions and share what they learned with the rest of us. Don't forget - these are first come, first served. Register today online!