- Having everything from the freshman civics class "click"
- Watching my representative listen to his constituents
- The committee hearings
- Learning about what really goes on in the Capitol and the hearings
- Most definitely my conversations with my representative. It is a great opportunity and gave me a more personal relationship rather than a formal one.
- Understanding how everything worked and knowing what it takes to get a bill passed.
- Watching the lobbyists come in to speak with the legislators.
- My senator gave me so much information and let me follow him everywhere.
What didn't they like?
- Walking up and down the stairs
- Listening to arguments in sessions
- Trying to keep up with my senator!
- Not having enough time
- Having to see it end and say goodbye
We received plenty of "for next year" comments as well, and we'll be looking at implementing as many of those as possible. We are alwasy trying to improve this very popular program.
Want to see my absolute favorite comment?
"Oh WOW! The whole day was AMAZING!"