Google Analytics tracking

1/21/09

FCCLA Adviser Academy


This past year, FCCLA established an Adviser Academy to help new advisers to develop strong chapters and integrate FCCLA into their classrooms. Two of Missouri's newer advisers, Allison Kreifels and Debra Price, attend the 2008-09 Academy. Nominations are now being accepted for the 2009-10 Adviser Academy program.

If you are a new teacher with less than 5 years of experience, and are interested in the Adviser Academy, please read the following comments from this year's participants:

"The Adviser Academy has been a great experience. I've had the chance to meet with other advisers from across the nation and get ideas to use in my school and region. Traveling to the USA Training was incredible. Meeting with all of the elected officials was first for me, and it definitely changed my involvement in the political system. I encourage newer teachers to get involved with this program if you get the chance." Debra Price, Walnut Grove

"Adviser Academy has been very rewarding. Not only have I networked with amazing advisers from throughout the US, but I have also learned how to better implement the tools that FCCLA offers in my chapter and classroom. I have gained the ability to better manage my department and chapter as well. Truly a great opportunity and worth every minute of it." Allison Kreifels, Lathrop

For more information on FCCLA's Adviser Academy, please visit the national FCCLA website. All Missouri applications for the Adviser Academy must be postmarked to the state adviser by April 15, 2009. Up to three applications from Missouri will be selected and forwarded to the national office. Questions? Please contact the state advisor, Christine Hollingsworth.

No comments:

Post a Comment